Categories:

Rollins-Luetkemeyer Foundation commits to third year of matching scholarship support

Counselor works at Office of Admissions. Rollins- Luetkemeyer Foundation gives over 50 scholarships to incoming first-year students. (Maverick Dixon)

Incoming Stevenson students now have another $548,000 to fund scholarships for their study, thanks to a gift of $274,000 and matching funds raised by the university, President Elliot Hirschmann announced last Monday.

The Rollins- Luetkemeyer Scholars Program for Middle-Income Students originated in December 2022 with an initial pledge of $250,000 in matching funds from the Rollins- Luetkemeyer Foundation. Stevenson met this initial goal, and as a result, the Rollins- Luetkemeyer Scholars program provided scholarships to 50 incoming students in Fall 2023. With continued support from alumni and friends, the Foundation committed to continuing their support and pledge matching for the 2024-25 academic year.

“We are very grateful for the continued support of the Rollins-Luetkemeyer Foundation, and for our many alumni, faculty, staff and friends who contributed to fund these scholarships,” Hirshmann said. “Every gift helps to create more opportunity for students to achieve their educational and career aspirations at Stevenson.”

The program provides incoming students with a $2,500 scholarship for each of their four years, for a total of $10,000. Students from middle income families with a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible for the scholarship.

“The Rollins-Luetkemeyer Foundation’s scholarship matching initiative is truly remarkable,” said Jubelo Oyeniran, Stevenson’s Student Government Association (SGA) president. “It not only empowers students who might not otherwise have access to education but also instills in them the importance of giving back. The more scholarship opportunities we create, the more lives we change within our community, paving the way for a better tomorrow.”

Individuals and organizations interested in making a contribution to this initiative may visit the Rollins-Luetkemeyer Scholars Program for Middle-Income Students web page.

About the Contributor
JaMiya Thompson
JaMiya Thompson, News Editor
JaMiya is a junior business communication major from Baltimore, Maryland. In addition to writing for The Villager, she enjoys songwriting, singing and spending time with family. She is excited to cover the people and organizations that make up the Stevenson community.