Welcome fall with these easy and affordable seasonal DIYs. The following projects and all their materials are Stevenson dorm-friendly.
What you’ll need:
- Yellow, orange and white buttons
- 8×10 frame
- Hot glue gun
- Acrylic paint in yellow, orange and white
- Mod Podge (or substitute other glue that’s readily available)
- First glue the burlap to the back of the frame with Mod Podge. Then, trim the edges of the burlap that hangs over the frame.
- Draw an outline with pencil of a candy corn on top of your burlap. If you don’t want to draw it freehand, you can find a template of a candy corn online. Paint in the lines of your candy corn with acrylic paint.
- When the paint is dried, start gluing on the buttons. It helps to put the larger buttons down first and then fill in the gaps with smaller buttons. The more larger buttons used, the fewer overall buttons you’ll need. Make sure to use the hot glue gun for the buttons.
- Put your finished candy corn design in the frame and you’re done!