Several photo and art exhibits will showcase this spring semester. The artwork of students and faculty at Stevenson University will display with other work from guest artists in the Baltimore area.
Here is a list of exhibits that are currently on display:
- Rohini Ralby’s “foursquares” is located in the Art Gallery on the Greenspring campus in the theatre lobby. The exhibition will be up until May 18, and a reception will be held on Feb. 15 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. In the exhibit, Ralby explains how vibrations interact with each other. Her showcase demonstrates how human emotion is displayed in a sets of four. Ralby will be at the gallery on Apr. 12 from 5:45-6:15 p.m. to speak about her work.
- Patrick Joust’s “Still: Baltimore at Night” showcase is in the School of Design Gallery at Owings Mills North until Apr. 13. His work captures the mystery and beauty of Baltimore. A reception will be held on Feb. 26 from 6-8 p.m. in the School of Design Gallery. Joust is a self-taught photographer who specializes in photo of Baltimore and beyond.
- Inspired by Kimberlé Crenshaw’s opinion piece for the Washington Post in 2015, students will showcase their work through writing and photography to explain how power and pain intersect with a person’s identities. The exhibit will be on display until Jun. 30 in the Manning Academic Center Creative Lounge, room S232, at Owings Mills North.
- The faculty from the School of Design at Stevenson are also showcasing their work in the Manning Academic Center Gallery in an exhibit called “Beyond the Medium: A Multidisciplinary School of Design Faculty Exhibition.” The multimedia work will be on display until Apr. 20.
Other events to note include the following:
- The Black Student Union will have its annual fashion show in the Inscape Theatre on the Greenspring campus on May 4. The time is to be announced later this year.
- The School of Design will hold a fashion show in the Inscape Theatre on Greenspring campus on May 5. The show will feature the work of fashion design/merchandising students.
- Visual communication design majors will have their senior capstone projects on display from May 4-Aug. 1 in the Manning Academic Center Gallery at Owings Mills North. On May 7, Visual Communication Design artists in the show will also hold a reception from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Graduating film and moving image students will display their original movie posters from Apr. 27-May 11 at the School of Design gallery in Owings Mills North. A reception for the artists will be held on May 7 from 4:30-6 p.m.
- Film and moving image seniors will be screening their senior capstone projects at the Greenspring Inscape theatre on May 10 with a reception at 6 p.m. and projects being shown in the theatre from 7-8 p.m.
To learn more information about the exhibition being displayed for this spring, go to the Stevenson University’s News and Events page or click here.