Students share motivations for 2016

By the end of winter break, most students are ready to get back to school and greet their friends. Once they start class, the motivation that they once had disappears. The Villager asked Stevenson students what they do to keep themselves motivated.

1. Sunrise Photo
    Photo from kdhnews.com

“The sun rises each day to light the earth and sets dim and defeated. Every time I see the red sun broken from long hours of work, I know the sun never gives up as it rises each day, [and] neither do I.” –Brendan Bagnall, junior.

2. “My support system keeps me going. I have my family at home and my sorority family here. Also, pizza [helps].” –Mychala Snead, sophomore
  3. “My parents put so much into my education; now it’s time to give back.” –Kerry Charles, sophomore
  4. “I want to graduate [and] then go to law school. Also, my organizations and clubs keep me motivated.” – Indyah Dixon, junior
  5. “The finish line, my friends and caffeine!” – Andrew McGregor, graduate student
  6. “How good it feels to get good grades and I think about how I’m paying for my education. I can’t let my money go to waste.”– Becca Holcomb, sophomore
  7. “My end goal to be in the DEA.” – Logan Thumma, sophomore
  8. “Being tired of failing.” – Ian Hughes, graduate student
  9. “My family and boyfriend.” – Kristen Cassetta, senior
  10. “The urge to succeed and do well in life. Knowing that I’m doing my best and having great friends keeps me going.” – DJ Carmen, junior
  11. “I rely a lot on my faith to get me through. I know if I do my best and trust God, he’ll take care of the rest. My friends and family are huge motivators for me. They motivate me directly through pep talks and their stories. My parents grew up in the projects of New York. They pressed through and made it out of the hood, went to college, had careers [and] a family. I feel I owe it to them to press forward when things get tough [and] do my best and be as successful as I can be.” –Gerald Foster, junior
  12. “Thinking about my scholarship and talking to my mom or sister helps keep me going.” – Mandy Pevey, freshman
  13. “My GPA and my mom.” – Kendall Rodier, freshman