Stevenson warms up with Spring Fling

Stevenson warms up with Spring Fling

Stevenson University‘s annual Spring Fling will be a week filled with activities from April 2-8, 2018. Each day will include a series of mini-events with varying times for each activity.  The events will take place on the Owings Mills campus as well as at Terrapins Adventures in Savage, Maryland.

Terrapin Adventures is an outdoor adventure program that offers a wide variety of activities. (Photo taken from FamilyFunInMDandBeyond.com)

According to Kourtney Wells, a member of student activities, “Usually the activities revolve around inflatables. This year, however, it is a week-long event that has different activities from an egg hunt to a trip to Terrapin Adventures.”

Admission is free along with free food and drinks, music, and a short education of the clubs available at Stevenson University.  It is not a profit-sharing or charitable event, however; the purpose of this event is to brings students, faculty, and staff closer together encouraging a close-knit environment.

According to Stevenson’s website, “Faculty and students have the opportunity to build strong relationships outside of the classroom in order to perpetuate the learning environment.”  This outdoor event is open for everyone to enjoy including, faculty and students.

This collaborative effort is planned by the Freshman Council and others clubs whose purpose is to unite Stevenson University students through interactions using fun activities. The event is funded by Student Government Association.

According to sophomore Krystal Alexis, “Spring Fling is a nice way to celebrate the coming of spring in addition to the end of the academic semester. Last year I had a great time eating ice cream, playing giant Jenga, and taking pictures in the photo booth. I even got a free T-shirt from the Wellness Center.”

Events for the week include the following:

• April 3 – Rockland Takeover,  5-7:30 p.m.
  • April 4 – “On Wednesday we wear green” competition on social media
  • April 6 – Trivia Night, 8 p.m.
  • April 7 – Egg hunt,  6:30 p.m. on the Quad
  • April 8 – Terrapin Adventures trip,  8 a.m.