New Portuguese restaurant opens near campus

Peri Peri Original, newly opened in Boulevard Circle Shopping Center on Owings Mills Boulevard, is an authentic Portuguese chicken restaurant. Peri Peri chicken is marinated for 24 hours in a unique Portuguese Peri Peri sauce, then flame-grilled to order at your chosen spice.

Peri Peri is an authentic and delicious chicken restaurant located in Boulevard Circle Shopping Center between IHOP and Dunkin’ Donuts. (Photo by Tim Craig)

This small restaurant is tucked in between IHOP and Dunkin’ Donuts and offers an array of authentic dishes, with both dine-in and takeout services. The restaurant is somewhat small, but offers a decent amount of seating, similar to other small restaurants. The restaurant itself is clean and well-organized.

When entering Peri Peri, you are greeted with a friendly smile and an offer to take your order. After ordering food, guests are given a beeper that will alert them once their food is ready. Service at Peri Peri is very swift.

Peri Peri Original’s menu consists of a large variety of dishes, most of which include chicken and beef. Meals are reasonably priced with large portions. The site offers a variety of sides ranging from French fries to coleslaw. Customers have five flavor options for their meat choice: Mango & Lime, Lime & Herb, Mild, Hot and Extra Hot.

Inside Peri Peri ,guests are greeted with an array of options. Food choices are displayed on large monitors above the counter. (Photo by Tim Craig)

The heat of the chicken in my Peri Peri Mexican Burrito was pleasantly surprising, as I ordered hot flavor. The burrito was unlike anything at Chipotle or Qdoba. It was unique and flavorful.

Outside of Peri Peri, the parking lot is large and well-lit, shared with all of the other businesses in Boulevard Circle. Peri Peri’s interior is bright and well-maintained. All of the tables were clean and neat.

Peri Peri Original offers delivery through GrubHub, a food delivery app that is available on the Google store and Apple store. Grubhub charges customers a food purchase fee and a delivery fee.

Peri Peri Original is located at 10917 Boulevard Circle, Suite #108, Owings Mills, Md. 21117

Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 11 a.m.- 9:30 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m.