Dress to Impress with No Cost! : Check Out Stevenson’s New Success Studio

School of Business

Forgot your tie for that presentation? Need a dress for that job interview? Stevenson has you covered. 

The new Stevenson Success Studio is helping students that are in need of the right professional wardrobe pieces to impress potential employers. Best of all, the dress clothes are both high-quality and provided free of charge.           

The Success Studio is the brainchild of Stevenson’s Enactus Club, an entrepreneur-focused club that generates business ideas for students in need. Enactus Co-President MJ Jagha said “Over the years we have noticed there is a lack of students having professional wear. Students are always asking for resources in that area. We saw that need in Enactus and decided why not have that resource here on campus where students can pick clothes they like?”   

The Success Closet is located in the Office of Career Services. (Photo by Lindsay Somuah)

The studio is open Tuesday’s 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Wednesday’s 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Friday’s 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. 

The Success Studio has new and donated clothing from the alumni board, students, and faculty. Mj stated “I would describe this as Stevenson’s own thrift store but for free. Students pay for a lot of things so why make them pay for something else” These generous donations of clothing can help Stevenson Students look their best at that job interview. Students usually need one item of clothing but can get an entire outfit if needed. MJ said “There is no limit to what they can take. Students usually know what they are missing, and we are here to help them with what they need.” 

Projects like the Success Studio is what the Enactus club at Stevenson strives to accomplish. Co-President Matthew Abell said, “This is especially beneficial for those who cannot afford professional attire or have a last-minute need for something nice to wear. I have seen plenty of ways the success studio has been helpful, one of them being in my own life when I needed something nice for a photo shoot and got my clothes from the studio.” 

To promote the Success Studio Enactus is planning to give out flyers directly to students on both campuses and setting up promotional tables for things like the Success Studio and other Enactus projects. The Success Studio also hosts trunk shows where they highlight clothing outside the School of Business. The Success Studio is also planning to do a trunk show at the north campus and one right before Thanksgiving so students can get clothing for holiday gatherings.   

The Enactus Club and Success Studio want new members to join their community and can be contacted at [email protected]. They are swift to get back to students with any needs or questions about the Success Studio or any other Enactus projects.