Spooky Events on Campus

By Karli Banas
Student Life Editor

Students looking for fun ways to celebrate Halloween have a variety of events hosted by different campus clubs and organizations to choose from leading up to Halloween. 

Haunted Tour Rides are available Oct. 24-28 from 8-11 p.m. The event is being put on by the Ambassadors and students can sign up through the link in the bio on the @suambassadors Instagram. Tickets are $5 and payment is cash only. 

Students can sign up for the Haunted Tour Rides on the Stevenson Ambassador Instagram.

On Wednesday Oct. 26, the Belfast RAs and Student Activities will be hosting Haunted Belfast in the first-floor lobby of Belfast. The event starts at 8 p.m. and attendees will have the opportunity to decorate the building for Halloween. 

Also on Wednesday Oct. 26, the Greenspring Review will host a Halloween Party in Rockland B at 7:00 p.m. There will be an open mic, snacks, and beverages. Costumes are encouraged. 

On Thursday Oct. 27, Phi Mu Delta Fraternity will be holding a Trunk or Treat event in the Rockland and School of Business parking lot. The event will be held from 6-8 p.m. and students are encouraged to come out and get free candy. 

Additionally on Thursday Oct. 27, Student Activities and the 3rd floor of Susquehanna will be hosting a Pumpkin Painting Party. The event starts at 7 p.m. in the Susquehanna 3rd floor lounge. All students are welcome at the event. 

Also on Thursday Oct. 27, Stevenson Cru will be hosting Crulloween in Rockland A at 7 p.m. The event will feature a guest speaker, Halloween games, and treats. 

Also on Thursday Oct. 27, MAP is hosting STEVIE Boo from 9 p.m.-12 p.m. in Rockland Banquet. Students are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes as there will be a costume contest. There will also be a live D.J., food, and refreshments. 

On Friday Oct. 28, Student Activities will be hosting a Spooky Paint and Sip in the Worthington 4th floor lounge. The event starts at 8:30 p.m. and will include paint and sip, a door decorating contest, and Beetlejuice

Additionally on Friday Oct. 28, the African Student Union will be hosting a Nollywood Costume Party at 8:30 p.m. The party will include African cuisine, a costume contest, and a dance battle and will take place in the Claire Moore Room in Garrison North. 

The ASU Nollywood Costume Party will also include a dance battle and African cuisine.

Also on Friday Oct. 29, RA Cyndi and the Junior Class Council will be hosting a Halloween Party in Ratcliffe at 8:30 p.m. There will be a door decorating contest, a glow in the dark costume party, pumpkin painting, and terrifying tag. 

On Saturday Oct. 29, a spooky bingo will be held in the Claire Moore Room from 4-5 p.m. Halloween prizes will be awarded and those who show up in costume will be given an extra bingo board. 

On Monday Oct. 31, FAD Club and FMI Club will be holding a Halloween Costume Party from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in Rockland Banquet. A movie will be shown at the event and students also have the opportunity to make Halloween crafts. Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes and the costume runway begins at 6:30 p.m. 

The FAD and FMI party includes a costume contest and Halloween crafts.