Spring Break is around the corner; SU students can’t wait to celebrate

Spring Break is around the corner; SU students cant wait to celebrate

Dominic Snipes and his roommate, Chris Robinson, were bored last spring. They knew many of their friends and fellow students at Stevenson had already left for Spring Break. As off-campus students, they didn’t have access to the typical sense of community on campus.

So they hit on a plan. And that plan was “just drive,” Snipes said.

They had a friend at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina, who said the men could stay with him. 

Snipes, a senior business communication student, called it a “trip to remember.”

Finally, the time students have been waiting for has arrived. Spring Break is right around the corner and approaching fast.

Stevenson students are eager to put down the books and vacate for a mental break. The one week where we all can run away from our responsibilities and simply catch a breath. Whether you are traveling out of state, winding down in Maryland, or spontaneously taking a road trip, everyone needs an escape. 

As the countdown begins, Stevenson students are prepared for a well-needed and refreshing Spring Break in 2024, taking place from March 11–15.

Brooke Berrol, a junior business administration student, eagerly awaits boarding a flight to Lyon, France. Berrol will be traveling alongside fellow Stevenson students from her marketing class as they learn more about international management, marketing, and business decision-making. 

“I’m so excited to learn about business in France, meet new people, and explore the country with my classmates,” Berrol said.

While some students look forward to an enjoyable getaway, others are staying back and focusing on different things. 

Marissa Dang, a senior education student, is one of many who will not be traveling over break. Dang will be spending her break in a fifth-grade classroom working as a long-term sub.

“I am not doing anything for break other than working. Not too fun for me, but fun because I’ll be making money and doing what I love,” Dang said. 

Although Dang does not have any travel plans during the break, she reminisces on past break trips she has gone on, including a magical trip to Disney and St. Petersburg, Florida.

So what about Snipes and Robinson?

For this year’s Spring Break, Snipes plans to travel to either Virginia Beach, Florida, or Ocean City, New Jersey.

“Nothing is planned as of right now, but I do hope to do something spontaneous like that again this year. There are many memories to make during last-minute trips like that.”

Whether you have plans for an adventure, work, or are simply taking a couple of days to breathe, remember to make time to focus on yourself and mentally reset during Spring Break next week.