Saint-Hillien qualifies for track and field Regionals

Sophomore aces the 100 and 200-meter dashes at 2024 George Mason Ebanks Invitational
Saint-Hillien continues to be a vital piece of Stevensons sprinting core
Saint-Hillien continues to be a vital piece of Stevenson’s sprinting core
Frank Gauthier

*Dom Snipes is currently on the roster for Stevenson track and field.

Stevenson track and field wrapped up the first week of April by traveling down to George Mason University for the 2024 George Mason Ebanks Invitational. There, sophomore Fabrice Saint-Hillien qualified for Regionals after his performances in the 100 and 200-meter dash.  

Fabrice Saint-Hillien has qualified for Regionals after an outstanding performance at the George Mason Ebanks Invitational (Otis Williams)

Saint-Hillien gained the No. 2 position in the conference with a 21.98 second 200-meter. That is nothing to hang one’s head about, though in Saint-Hillien’s eyes, the job is not finished. He still wants more.

“I personally feel I can shave another .4 seconds from my time and be running around 21.50,” Saint-Hillien said.  

While Saint-Hillien had a good weekend, so did frequent standout Nathan Williams as he picked up another Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) Field Athlete of the Week award. 

“I was expecting to have a crazy meet with all around good performances, but overall was okay with my performance,” Williams said. 

There were many concerns about the athletes’ performances given poor weather conditions last week. Even amidst high winds which can prove distracting during athletic competition, it was no distraction for the ‘Stangs. Assistant coach Courtney Brown complemented her team’s perseverance and toughness even as the wind blew on. 

“It set us up for a good upcoming home meet and definitely set up for MAC’s,” Brown said.

The Mustangs are hosting their very first meet at Owings Mills East Campus on Thursday and Friday, April 11-12. They could not be any more excited to get the ground running in front of the home faithful for the first time. 

“I am excited for the team to have their first home meet. Even though it is calling for bad weather I think we will have some surprising performances,” Brown said.