HUMANS OF STEVENSON

Anaya Taylor, SU residence hall security guard
Security guard Anaya Taylor checks students IDs before they can enter residence halls. Interested in law enforcement, Taylor hopes to join the military. I was thinking about the Navy but now I’m leaning towards the Air Force, Taylor said.
Security guard Anaya Taylor checks students’ IDs before they can enter residence halls. Interested in law enforcement, Taylor hopes to join the military. “I was thinking about the Navy but now I’m leaning towards the Air Force,” Taylor said.
Katie Campbell

“I’m Muslim. This Wednesday will be two weeks since I converted. Before I was Muslim I was Christian, but I’ve been thinking about being Muslim for the past year or two. I don’t have anything against any other religion. I was thinking this [Islam] is better for me. I like the disciplines. You’re not really supposed to smoke or drink. I think it’s a nice religion to keep you on your feet. After finding out everything I wanted to know about it, it was real pure. At first, I feel like it was kind of hard. Even though I’m Muslim, I’m not supposed to have these [false] eyelashes. I’m not really supposed to go to the nail salon. I’m the only Muslim in my family. I’m the youngest of four girls. They always say I’m different. They all went to the same high school. I went to a different high school. It’s the last child syndrome.”