In just a couple of weeks, we’ll all be celebrating someone very important in our lives…. our mothers! Our mothers have sacrificed for us, loved us, and raised us up to be amazing individuals so it’s only right they get a whole day just to celebrate them.
Here are a few ideas on how to celebrate Mother’s Day in our current COVID-19 climate:
- Have an outdoor brunch – Many restaurants in Baltimore, Washington, D.C. and surrounding areas are offering Mother’s Day brunch specials, and this is a perfect way to celebrate your number one lady. Good food and good drinks always go a long way and there’s no better way to bond than over a good meal.
- Paint & Sip – For the craftier moms out there, a paint and sip may be in order. You can either create a set up at home or attend a paint and sip near you. They offer wine and a guided painting activity for the two of you to enjoy together. At the end, you can keep the lovely paintings you both created. A win, win!
- Picnic & a Hike – For nature lovers, an outdoor picnic and a hike is perfect! Pack up some of your favorite foods and drinks, grab a blanket and hit the road. Maryland has plenty of hiking trails that range from beginner to advanced. Three nearby hiking trails to explore. Show your mom the beautiful sites our state has to offer.
- Book a Massage – Pamper your mom this Mother’s Day with a professional massage. Relaxing, serene and peaceful, she’ll walk away feeling like a new woman.
- Plan a Game Night with Family or Friends – Quality time + competition is the perfect recipe this Mother’s Day. Stay safe by staying inside and bringing your family together with your favorite board games and trivia. Order food and bring drinks to really make the best of it!
Mother’s Day is such a special day. We all love to see our favorite lady happy and excited. To those whose mothers have passed away, are absent or are not present for any other reason, be kind to yourself this Mother’s Day and continue to love and lean on the important people in your life.