- Try a Heart-Shaped Pizza Date. Secretly request a heart-shaped pizza from your favorite pizza place (with your valentine’s go-to toppings, of course). Super low on cash? This idea is flex-friendly! Use a swipe at Pandini’s or Flex Dollars at Papa Gils! For an extra touch, ask them to inscribe a short message such as “I ♥ U” in pepperoni or sausage.
- Settle in for the ultimate “Netflix & Chill.” Create a personalized, official movie night under $20. Stop by Walmart or Dollar Tree and snag a box of popcorn along with your crush’s favorite movie candies for .98¢ to $1 (they come in boxes, just like the movies). To set the ambiance, create a Valentine’s Day-specific movie playlist, dim the lights, and spread out some flameless LED tea light candles to avoid RA conflict.
- Set up some Mail Time. Stop by Target to pick up a “Valentine’s Day Mailbox” for $3. Fill it with a heartfelt letter along with your Bae’s favorite candy. Have a little extra cash? Decorate it with some of the Valentine’s Day stickers and crafts from the Dollar Spot and fill it with a few more things they’ll like. Low on cash? Dollar Tree has decorative boxes and just as many similar items for the same effect!
- Make a Work of Art. Have any friends in the School of Design? Ask one of them to paint, draw, or create a cool graphic image of you and your beau. Frame it and gift it to them! If their price doesn’t exactly match your budget, shop around or try to negotiate a deal such as tutoring or extra meal swipes in exchange.
- Assemble some Love Songs. Create a playlist of your favorite songs as a couple. Include songs that have special meanings, bring up memories, and express how you feel. Burn it on a CD and decorate the case for a keepsake. CD’s too played out for your taste? Download your collection onto a jump drive and attach a special heartfelt PDF of the track list. Add a short explanation of why you picked each song for a special touch.
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be expensive; it’s the thought that counts! There are deals everywhere — just combine them with your creativity and prepare to give a swoon-worthy gift!