Long Beach Island offers excitement for all

Looking for that a new vacation spot? Long Beach, New York, may be the spot for you Long Beach is a little town on a barrier island just south of Long Island, and is often called “The City by the Sea.” It is a barrier island just 3.5 miles long, with the beach on one side of town and the bay on the other.

(Photo from www.lbiproperty.com)
(Photo from www.lbiproperty.com)

Long Beach has a variety of activities to keep anyone busy at all times. There is never a dull moment. Right off the beautiful 2.5-mile boardwalk, there are many beach activities that can include taking a walk along the beautiful shoreline and enjoying the soft sand between your toes. Start a pick-up game of beach volleyball with some friends, take surf lessons, go fishing, learn paddle boarding and even play mini golf. Those are just a few activities that Long Beach has to offer.

The vacation spot also offers great food. Walk off the beach into the Allegria Hotel, where you can enjoy a delicious lunch with an oceanfront view. The food here is a little on the expensive side, but nothing beats great food with an even better view. If you head to the west end of the town, you will find all the best spots for food and drinks in Long Beach. Three of the most popular spots that all the locals recommend are the Cabana, Minnesota’s and the Beach House. All are great places to grab a bite to eat and a nice cold drink.

When the sun sets, the party begins. Long Beach has great night life: in just a mile-long stretch, the town has 15 great bars to grab a drink and dance to some music. Head over to the Cabana to try the famous margarita and dance to great live music by Long Beach’s famous reggae singer Jah Stixx, or head over to Minnesota’s and join DJ Chopps for a night full of dancing and singing.

Long Beach offers the best of both worlds: excitement and rest. If you want to get away from the beach for a little bit, you can hop right onto the Long Island Railroad and take a quick train ride into New York City for all the city has to offer. From the Maryland area, it’s a quick trip on Amtrak into Penn Station in New York City (less than three hours from Baltimore), and then

(Photo from www.theodysseyonline.com)
(Photo from www.theodysseyonline.com)

about an hour ride on the Long Island Railroad to the beach. Beachside hotels are on the pricey side, but there are lots of places to stay off the boardwalk and the beach that are affordable, even for New York.

So if you are looking for a relaxing vacation, head to Long Beach. Experience what “The City by the Sea” really means. You will not be disappointed.