Stevenson’s AMA chapter already working on semester-long Homeland Security project

The AMA is a national association with over 250 chapters at colleges and universities around the country. Credits: AMA

Stevenson’s American Marketing Association (AMA) is busy this semester working on a competition for Homeland Security to reduce harassment and violence across different organizations, chapter advisor Dr. Victoria Miller said last week. 

SU marketing and business students will compete in the Adventure Partners Project against schools up and down the East Coast. Finalists will then travel to Washington, D.C. to present their projects to Homeland Security officers. Using the budget provided by Homeland Security, students will brainstorm, design and create innovative ways to solve problems and make the world a better place. 

Dr. Victoria Miller, Stevenson’s AMA chapter advisor and professor in the Brown School of Business and Leadership. Credits: stevenson.edu

“We have lots of opportunities for both leadership and skills development,” said Miller, an associate professor in the Brown School of Business and Leadership. “Don’t let not being a marketing major scare you away from this amazing organization.” 

The next meeting will be in the Brown School of Business and Leadership on Wednesday, Sept. 20. All are welcome to attend or contact Dr. Miller at [email protected].