Author and professor writes personal blog

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FStephanieVerni%2Fphotos%2Fa.186256494811479.26345.117270281710101%2F945424022228052%2F%3Ftype%3D3%26theater
https://www.facebook.com/StephanieVerni/photos/a.186256494811479.26345.117270281710101/945424022228052/?type=3&theater

Steph’s Scribe is an online blog with the author, Stephanie Verni, professor of business communication at Stevenson, covering information from baseball, fashion, story-telling and traveling. Verni also has all of her own published books highlighted on her blog.

Business Communication professor, Stephanie Verni, uploads regularly to her blog. (Photo from Steph’s Scribe)

Steph’s Scribe has an inviting feel to its published work. The website’s layout is very creative, proportional and uncluttered. The main page has five important tabs pointing the way to information that the website offers, including “Books by Stephanie.” It has a very simple yet strategic look regarding color, size, font and white space. Gorgeous spring flowers bloom across the top of the home page, gently reminding readers that beauty is important to the blogger.

The fashion portion is very personal, giving advice for new looks, styles and current trends. The fashion blog also recommends skin care, including make-up. One of the best parts of the fashion section is the fact that not only does Verni offer a look at trending styles, but she includes photos of how each trend can be worn. For example, she creates the look of a natural style using jewelry, shoes, scarfs and handbags. Some brands she prefers include Kate Spade, Nordstrom and Coach.

Under “Storytelling,” Verni creates detailed stories based on one image that she has at the beginning of the story. These narratives are used to help express feelings that others may have and offer insight and different perspectives.

The blogger also includes a section dedicated to travel, in which she offers advice about how to make a travel story interesting and real. She offers places to visit for those traveling to a new city or state. One of the travel places includes Oxford, Maryland, where she visited recently.

Verni is well known for her popular works of fiction, “Beneath the Mimosa Tree” and “Baseball Girl” as well as a textbook, “Event Planning: Communicating Theory and Practice,” which offers a full step-by-step look at event planning. Professors Leeanne Bell McManus and Chip Rouse are co-authors of the textbook.

Verni’s newest novel, “Inn Significant” holds a prominent spot on the blog. On this page, the author writes about the evolution of the novel and the process by which she arrived at publication. She offers great advice to new writers about persistence, risk-taking and creativity.

Verni also offers contact information for her social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram to help connect to others and promote her books.

Those who blog would do well to take a look at this polished yet comfortable site. It’s an open window into Verni’s approach to writing and living, enjoyable to peruse and an enlightening glimpse into a writer’s life.