New chicken hotspot in Owings Mills

Dave’s Hot Chicken on Reisterstown Road is the California-based chain’s first location in Maryland
Daves Hot Chicken in Owings Mills, located at 9900 Reisterstown Rd.
Dave’s Hot Chicken in Owings Mills, located at 9900 Reisterstown Rd.
Robert Cardoni

As of a recent trend in fast food, fried chicken sandwiches have been all the rave. Lucky for Stevenson students, there’s a new spot in town. Dave’s Hot Chicken, located at 9900 Reisterstown Road, opened up just last fall.

Being its first location in Maryland, the fried chicken restaurant has been nothing but a hit, especially to Stevenson Students.

“By far one of the best chicken sandwiches I have ever had,” said sophomore Domonic Zeno. “I would take it over Popeyes and Chic-Fil-A.”

Zeno is not alone in his review, averaging 4.6 out of 5 stars on Google, the rest of Owings Mills agrees. 302 different people left similar positive reviews.

Reviews sang Dave’s praise reading, “Oh man, this place has the best chicken in the area by far,” and, “great service, great atmosphere, nice vibe.”

But what can you get at this restaurant? And are prices suitable for college students?

The menu is a simple one with four options, each a variation of a sandwich, tenders, and fries. A basic menu, but the real decision comes when deciding on a spice level. Dave’s has seven different levels ranging from “no spice” to “reaper.”

(Dave’s Hot Chicken)

In terms of price, the average for each meal is around $12 and they are guaranteed to fill you up.

The atmosphere of the restaurant can be described as retro, with graffiti art on the walls, popping out with bright and vibrant colors. Dave’s does not have a drive-thru making the flow of customers ordering takeout a constant.

Spice is not a joking matter at Dave’s, with a signature required when ordering the “reaper” spice level. The chicken was tender but crispy as well, and when combined with Dave’s signature sauce, added a tangy flavor which is guaranteed to please the taste buds.

Dave’s Hot Chicken has all the right ingredients for a great restaurant, so next time lunch comes around, maybe it’s time to switch things up from Chic-Fil-A and give it a try.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by DavesHotChicken (@daveshotchicken)