The Allure Models, Stevenson University’s modeling club

After auditions in February, Allure Models prepares for spring semester events
The Allure Models, Stevenson Universitys modeling club

Most people leave walking in high heels to the professionals – unless you’re a member of Stevenson University’s Allure Model Club where walking in 6-inch stiletto heels is just another day.

The Allure Models is a modeling club that hosts fashion shows and energetic events while promoting self-confidence and team bonding.

After becoming independent from the Black Student Union (BSU) in the spring of 2022, the club was able to reinvent itself with the help of Jade Arredondo, senior biology major and head coordinator of the Allure Models.

“Allure is a club based on helping individuals build community, find their confidence, and with body-positivity,” said Arredondo. “Our team is like a family; we’re all very close and like to laugh and have fun. It’s a great community to be a part of.”

The Allure Models’ signature styling piece is the 6-inch clear stiletto heels that most members wear for their events. The models also have the option to walk flatfooted in boots or tennis shoes. Members of the e-board wear 7-inch clear stiletto heels.

“The heels are a confidence booster since you don’t normally see people walking around in 7-inch heels for fun,” said Jazln Rush, a sophomore nursing major and Allure’s Treasurer. “There’s also a sexy appeal to it, and being able to say, yeah, I can do this, can you?”

The club holds open auditions at the beginning of each semester, and they encourage new and experienced models and welcome all genders and backgrounds to try out.

“My main advice is don’t be scared to try something new. The main reason why people don’t try out is because they see the heels and think they’re going to fall,” said Arredondo. “We teach everyone how to walk in the heels and work to help people with their confidence.

Those auditioning are required to wear all black and a minimum of 4-inch heels, tennis shoes, or boots. During the audition, we teach everyone the specific four-count and combinations that we do on runways and during events. The auditioning individuals are then judged based on their performance, confidence, personality, and demeanor.

“The goal for our models is to be comfortable and confident,” Rush said. “We focus on making Allure a family. It’s something we strive for.”

The Allure Models kicked off February with open auditions to join their team for the 2024 season.

Concluding the auditions, the Allure Models have recruited 14 models and elected the following five members that make up the e-board:

Head Coordinator, Rose Allure: Jade Arredondo

SGA Representative, Emerald Allure: Sydney Walker

Public Relations, Chante Allure: Chandrea Lavarin

Logistics Specialist, Crystal Allure: Jazln Rush

Secretary, Soleil Allure: Alisa Summers

The team practices twice a week for two and a half hours and hosts up to three events per semester. Last semester, they hosted successful Sip & Paint and Flashback Friday party events.

The annual Spring Showcase is the Allure Models’ most extravagant event, where they tell a story through modeling. The club will be releasing more information about this event on their Instagram. Last year, the club hosted The Glammys, where the theme was based on an Awards Show.

“We come together, we work together, we stride together. One heel, one sound. We are Stevenson’s Allure Models .”