Phi Sigma Sigma to host 5K at Stevenson

Registration is still open for individuals and teams for race set for Sunday, Nov. 12

Phi Sigma Sigma at Stevenson University will host Phi-K, a 5K race on Sunday, Nov. 12 at Stevenson University in celebration of the national organization’s founding on Nov. 26, 1913. This event is open to all Stevenson University students, alumni, family, and the local community.

Registration is now open online. Individuals can register for $15 or teams of 10 can register for $150. Additionally, a virtual registration option ($25) is available for participants who will not be able to attend the race in-person.

All proceeds will benefit the Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation’s Community Impact Fund. The Community Impact Fund was established by the Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation, providing Phi Sigma Sigma collegiate chapters the opportunity to support their partner school while also supporting the Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation. The Phi Sigma Sigma chapter at Stevenson University is proud to partner with Owings Mills Elementary School.

“We are excited to be a part of the Founders’ Day 5K at Stevenson University,” said Vanessa Freeman Zerhusen, president of the Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation. “This event will support the chapter’s school and college readiness initiatives in the local community, making a great impact and benefitting the next generations of students.”

Additional information can be found at the Phi Sigma Sigma at SU website.

Phi Sigma Sigma is an international philanthropic and social organization and the first non-sectarian fraternity for women. Founded in 1913 at Hunter College in New York City, Phi Sigma Sigma has over 70,000+ initiated members from almost 100 collegiate chapters.

The Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation funds leadership programming, offers scholarships and educational grants, and provides resources for philanthropic and service-oriented events.

SOME SCENES FROM THE 2022 PHI SIGMA SIGMA RACE AT STEVENSON