Honor society inductions planned for the semester

Stevenson University is among many universities across the country that offer memberships in various honor societies.

Throughout the spring semester Stevenson will be inducting students into various honor societies. (Photo from Kappa Delta Pi)
During the spring semester, Stevenson will be inducting students into various honor societies. (Photo from Kappa Delta Pi)

Students who are inducted into these honor groups are recognized for their academic prowess, their service, or a combination of both.

Stevenson University is home to more than 15 different honor societies. This spring, Stevenson will be hosting nine inductions ceremonies to honor students’ hard work. Below is information about the various induction ceremonies:

• Alpha Chi (the National College Honor Society) that inducts only junior and senior students who have achieved excellence in all disciplines on campus. Alpha Chi’s induction ceremony will take place on April 22 in Rockland Banquet Hall on the Owings Mills campus.
  • Beta Beta Beta is the Biological Honor Society that focuses on getting students to advance their interest in the life of science for biology, biochemistry, and medical laboratory science majors. Beta Beta Beta’s induction ceremony took place on March 23 in the St. Paul’s Pavilion on the Greenspring campus.
  • Lambda Pi Eta is the Honor Society of the National Communication Association. Lambda Pi Eta’s main goals are to enrich academic achievements in communication studies and to encourage professional development within the communications field. Lambda Pi Eta’s induction ceremony will take place on April 23 in the St. Paul Companies Pavilion.
  • Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in psychology that promotes a high standard and advancement in the science of psychology. The Psi Chi induction ceremony was held on February 28 in the St. Paul’s Pavilion.
  • Sigma Beta Delta is the International Honor Society in Business, Management, and Administration that encourages and promotes students to reach various aspirations in business, management, and administration to better mankind. The Sigma Beta Delta induction ceremony will take place on April 26 in Rockland Banquet Hall.
  • Sigma Tan Delta is the International English Honor Society that gives students majoring in English language, literature, and interdisciplinary studies the chance to enrich their academic experiences through participating through annual activities. The Sigma Tan Delta induction ceremony will be held on May 5 in the Rockland banquet room.
  • Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing is open to both undergraduate and graduate nursing candidates who demonstrate high levels achievement in both academic integrity and leadership qualities. The Sigma Theta Tan induction ceremony will be held on April 29 in the Rockland banquet room.
  • The National Residence Hall Honorary Honors Society represents the top 1 percent of student leaders who live within residence halls. The National Residence Hall Honorary induction ceremony will be held on April 29 in the Garrison Hall Stable.
  • Rho Alpha Sigma is an honor society that represents the top 10 percent of the resident assistant population on campus. The Rho Alpha Sigma induction ceremony will be held on April 24 in the Rockland Banquet room.