Cosmopolitan: more than celebrity gossip

(Photo from Cosmopolitan)

With a variety of articles on topics ranging from celebrities and entertainment all the way to daily horoscopes, “Cosmopolitan” magazine has traditionally been considered “the women’s magazine” since the late 1960s. Published by the Hearst Group, the magazine reaches over 80 countries internationally, according to their website.

Gwen Stefani covers a recent issue of Cosmopolitan. (Photo from Cosmopolitan)
Gwen Stefani covers a recent issue of Cosmopolitan. (Photo from Cosmopolitan.)

Found in stores and online, the magazine is published monthly and updated daily online based upon what’s going on in the world. With such a wide variety of articles, it provides topics of interest to just about anyone.

The online version of this magazine has a very clean appearance, allowing readers to find articles of particular interest. The color choices make everything more visually pleasing while also maintaining a very simple look to keep pages free and clear.

The online version also has an easy way for readers to subscribe to or follow the magazine so they can get updates on a regular basis: simply click the “Subscribe” or “Follow” button and follow the steps. By subscribing to any particular article, readers can get it digitally or in paper copy, and with the follow option, readers can follow “Cosmopolitan” on any social media outlets. A few of these outlets include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

With such a wide variety of articles, genres range from informative to entertaining. Currently the online magazine includes articles about politics and recent, nationwide hot topics. While the articles dealing with more serious topics are relatively short, they provide enough information to give readers basic knowledge. The reporters shed light on controversial topics while also keeping “Cosmopolitan” a fun-to-read magazine.

One such entertaining article, for example, is “10 Times You Were in a Serious Relationship With Fries.” This is a funny article that could make a miserable day turn into an enjoyable one.

The magazine keeps readers in the loop about what’s going on in the world of entertainment due to the large number of articles about celebrities, television and music. “Cosmopolitan” is definitely worth a read and offers free access online through its website or can be purchased at most stores.