New tailgating regulations

(Photo courtesy of Chris Reed)
(Photo courtesy of Chris Reed)

As of September 20, 2016 Stevenson University’s President’s Cabinet has updated the tailgating policy. This policy will assist in the continuance of a family˗˗friendly environment at tailgating events. The new system will be in effect for the traditional Homecoming tailgate, Fanfare. In addition to Stevenson Security and Baltimore County Police Officers, the University has contracted a private company, SAFE (Security, Athletic Facilities & Events Management), to assist with the safety at Fanfare. The SGA is excited to celebrate Homecoming with the Stevenson Community and its friends. Everyone is expected to join together to practice good sportsmanship in their conduct towards fans, players, coaches, and officials.

The new tailgating policy outlines the following:

• Tailgating is prohibited Monday-Friday or during exam periods. The exception to this is classes are not in session.
  • Tailgating is prohibited on weekends when the University holds special events (e.g., Open House).
  • Tailgating is permitted in designated locations only.
  • Leaving the athletic competition may result in no re-admittance.
  • Tailgating may begin no earlier than three hours prior to the start of the competition for all fans.  Tailgating must cease once competition begins.
  • Families of student athletes may tailgate one hour after the competition concludes, but alcoholic beverages are prohibited during post-competition tailgating.
  • Alcohol may be consumed only by those of legal drinking age.
  • Only beer and wine may be consumed. Large quantities of alcoholic beverages (kegs, beer balls, multi-liter containers, etc.) are prohibited.
  • Alcohol may be consumed in cans or cups only. Glass containers are prohibited. Paraphernalia typically associated with excessive consumption (funnels, beer bongs, etc.) and drinking games are prohibited.
  • Alcohol is prohibited during tailgating in all University buildings.
  • Tabletop gas grills are permitted in designated locations only. Charcoal grills are prohibited.
  • Family pets are prohibited on the University property.
  • All tailgating fans are expected to place all trash and recycling in appropriate locations in the tailgating lots.
  • Failure to comply with this tailgating policy will result in revocation of tailgating privilege and removal from University property.