Seniors to celebrate during grad week

Seniors to celebrate during grad week

Stevenson University’s Grad Week will occur from Friday, May 11 until Tuesday, May 15. All seniors who are graduating in May 2018 are invited to participate in the activities planned for the week.

In order for seniors to stay on campus during the week leading up to graduation, they must attend at least one event from each category OR all events from the free category and both events from the low-cost category. Students must also sign a contract in order to participate.

The categories and events are as follows:

FREE EVENTS

• Senior Service Project: Leave Steve Green will occur on Friday, May 11 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Participants will meet at the Ratcliffe Community Center at the designated time. No guests are allowed.
  • Caps and Cupcakes will occur on Sunday, May 13, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Ratcliffe Community Center. No guests are allowed.
  • The annual Baccalaureate ceremony will be held on Monday, May 14 at 7 p.m. in the gymnasium on the Greenspring campus.

LOW-COST EVENTS

• A tour of the Sagamore Spirit Distillery venue will take place on Friday, May 11. Students will meet at 4 p.m. in the Ratcliffe Community Center, and transportation will be provided. The event is $10 for students, and each student can bring one guest for an additional $20. Seats are limited for the event.
  • A Backyard Barbeque will be held on Wednesday, May 16 from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Apartment Quad. The event is $10 for students, and each student can bring a guest for an additional $20. Food and drink will be included, along with music and tailgating games.

HIGH-COST EVENTS

• A trip to the Kings Dominion amusement park in Richmond, Va. will occur on Saturday, May 12 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. The event is $30 for students and $75 for guests. Transportation will be included, and seats are limited.
  • Mimosas & Memories will occur on Monday, May 14, beginning at 10 a.m. in the Ratcliffe Community Center. There are no guests allowed, since this event is a time for seniors to reminisce about their past four years at Stevenson. The event is $20 for students, and mimosas will be provided.
  • On Tuesday, May 15 there will be a trip to Orioles Park at Camden Yards for an Orioles vs. Phillies game. Tickets are $25, and transportation will be included. Students are limited to one guest for an additional $50. Students will meet at the Ratcliffe Community Center at 5 p.m.

Senior Jonathan Kuchinskas is most excited to attend the Orioles game with his friends from the past four years. Senior John Prettyman is eager for Mimosas & Memories, even though he’s not sure what the event will entail.

Grad Week forms are due at The Rock by Monday, April 30 at 5 p.m. Payments for Grad Week events are nonrefundable and are due by Friday, May 4 at 5 p.m. Contact Maumi Chatterton or Brittany Appleby through campus email, or message the Stevenson Seniors Facebook page for any questions.