U.S. News names Stevenson Best Value School

Members of the Stevenson University color guard practice with high school students at last years Stevenson University Band Day Experience. (Photo from Stevenson University Flickr)
Members of the Stevenson University color guard practice with high school students at last year’s Stevenson University Band Day Experience. (Photo from Stevenson University Flickr)

Stevenson University has won U.S. News’ Best Value award in the Regional North category for the second year in a row.

Stevenson University is ranked#33 in Best Value Schools and #75 out of 179 schools in the Regional Universities North category in Best Value Schools by U.S. News. (Photo from U.S. News).

John Buettner, vice president of marketing and communications at Stevenson University, said, “Stevenson received the Best Value award because of our academic rankings and our costs after financial aid relative to other schools within the region.”

Buettner also said, “The higher the quality of the program and the lower the cost, the better the deal.” Stevenson is ranked 75 out of 179 schools in the Regional Universities North category in its 2020 rankings, according to U.S. News.

Stevenson University has a vast array of scholar programs and alumni connections, according to the Stevenson website. “We are going to continue to build and keep those things strong and look for additions that we can add to enhance the experience here,” Buettner said.

Stevenson has remained focused on the school year and does not appear worried about rankings or achievements.

U.S. News justified its ranking by identifying that the school offers over 30 undergraduate areas of studies and a variety of masters programs. The university has also recently added a professional minors program, as Stevenson provides intensely career-focused studies.

Schools placed at the very top of U.S. News’ list include Yale, Princeton, and Harvard, all institutions that, while expensive, provide an elite level of academics. Stevenson won this award being a “middle-of-the-pack” cost school with around $37,500 in tuition and fees, according to the university’s website.

“That is how you succeed as an institution. Rankings come and go, but the most important thing is committing to excellence, following through with initiatives, and implementing the values we have for our students,” said Buettner.