MacBook evolves with cutting-edge features

Apple released a new version of the MacBook Pro earlier this year. New features have been added to enhance the former product.

The 2017 MacBook Pro offers new enhancements including color, sound, additional ports, a touch bar and touch identification. (Photo from Apple.com)

After using the 2017 MacBook Pro, a few of the new features stand out as improvements from the previous MacBook Pro laptops.

For example, a significant addition is the touch bar, which is placed above the keyboard. According to Apple.com, “The Touch Bar is a multi-touch enabled strip of glass built into the keyboard for instant access to the tools you want.”

The feature allows users to access the tools needed at a heightened speed. Answering FaceTime calls, using emojis, accessing the function keys and customizing system controls, including volume and brightness, are all options on the new touch bar.

Touch Identification (Touch ID) is an additional feature of the new model. This allows owners to unlock their laptops with their fingertips so that other users can’t get into their home screen or files. This element increases safety and protects personal information.

One component that stood out was the speed of the apps, internet and tools. The high-speed is attested to the high-performance processors. The 2017 MacBook Pro includes a turbo boost that goes up to 4.1GHz and the SSD read speed goes up to 3.2GB per second.

The laptop has the most colorful Mac notebook display yet; the colors are vivid compared to MacBooks in the past, especially when it comes to photographs with bright colors. There has been a 25 percent increase in the RGB color scheme, which effect the colors with a high contrast ratio.

Additionally, the speaker system has been enhanced. The speakers are connected to the power system which allows for peak amplification. Watching movies, listening to music and editing videos can be heard more effectively.

Apple added four thunderbolts and three ports, more than the older models. This allows users to plug in more USB items including a mouse, keyboard or microphones. The thunderbolt ports allow users to connect to monitors.

The model of the computer is light as a feather and paramount in comparison to the previous models.

Overall, reviewing this product opened my eyes to the additions Apple made to advance their laptops, allowing them to continue to grow. Apple enhanced many components including colors, speakers, speed and ports, making the product valuable to the user.