Owings Mills North campus drive renamed

Owings Mills North campus drive renamed
TedHerget
Charles E. “Ted” Herget is congratulated by Stevenson President Kevin J. Manning.

In celebration and gratitude for the work that former board member Charles E. “Ted” Herget has done for Stevenson University over the years, the university has renamed Gundry Lane in his honor. “Ted Herget Way” will now lead students, faculty and visitors into the Owings Mills North campus.

A ceremony at the Owings Mills North new academic center honoring Herget on April 14 included Herget’s family, friends, Stevenson board members, faculty and staff, all of whom were present to honor his dedication and service in relation to the growth and transformation of the university through the last 40 years.

Dr. Kevin J. Manning praised Herget’s “financial acumen and wide network of associates, all the while staying true to the mission of the college,”  noting that Herget’s advocacy has helped to increase the university’s reputation as well.

TedHergetWayTimothy F. Maloney, former board chair, and partner with Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A., also acknowledged Herget’s typical selflessness: “You can accomplish anything if you don’t care who gets the credit,” he said, adding that the “Ted Herget Way” means to be generous with your time and resources and to serve as a leader in all you do.

“From now on, everything that happens here will honor Ted,” Maloney said.  Ted Herget Way will remind all who pass Ted’s legacy of service. A tour of the new academic center followed the celebration.