Host a summer party on a budget

Host a summer party on a budget

There are only a few weeks left before the end of the semester, and as summer approaches, students may want to plan creative activities for their friends and family. As the weather improves and the workload decreases, you may find the urge to host a dinner party, which entails food, drinks and activities, while still trying to remain on a budget.

When beginning to plan for a gathering of friends, you will first want to organize a guest list, which will help keep a count in order to ensure that you have enough food and drinks for everyone. The next step would be to create an invitation, which may be sent by email or through evite.com. This allows guests to confirm or deny the invitation within minutes.

VARIOUS WEBSITES PROVIDE EASY AND AFFORDABLE RECIPES

dinnerparty
Dips are an easy and affordable way to provide food at a summer party. (Photo from tablespoon.com)

Once you have an idea of the number of guests, you can begin preparing food ideas. Quick and easy summer recipes for appetizers and entrees can be found on various websites and in books. A quick appetizer like homemade dips and salads are recommended by tablespoon.com for dinner parties. Entrées can be found on the Racheal Ray Every Day website. For example, a recipe for spicy honey-glazed chicken breasts can serve eight or more guests. It is a quick, easy and inexpensive entrée that can help you stick to the budget.

Offer drinks to your guests to cool them off on a warm summer day. Various fruity cocktails are easy to assemble and as simple to make as non-alcoholic beverages. Pinterest is a good place to find summer beverage recipes such as iced tea or lemonade.

ring toss
DIY games bring affordability and fun. (Photo from brit.co)

DIY GAMES PROVIDE FUN ACTIVITIES FOR GUESTS 

Although your guests will be enjoying great conversation and mingling with others, another way for them to enjoy themselves is by playing games and interactive activities. Always have a deck of cards or dominos for guests to use outside if they want to strike up a game. Brit and Co offers DIY games and activities for adults, such as creating outdoor waterslides or corn hole games. Both activities can be created by using household items.

These easy DIY recipes and tips on how to remain on a budget for a dinner party will help create a fun night of activities, drinks and food for friends and family to enjoy.