BSU prepares for annual fashion show

BSU prepares for annual fashion show

The Black Student Union (BSU) Allure Models are steadily preparing for their annual fashion show, “Allure’s Most Wanted,” scheduled for April 28 at 7 p.m. at the Greenspring Inscape Theater.

The BSU Allure models showcased elite fashion at the 2016 show. (Photo from Stevenson Flickr)

The show will include eight scenes showcasing a continuous storyline that is kept quite secret, even to the models, until the month before the show. “I never tell the models what the theme and storyline of the show is going to be until I know for sure they embody and present confidence and the technicalities,” explained Cori Green, head coordinator of the BSU Allure Models.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

The models have been training for this event since the start of school year, practicing twice a week from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The fall semester is usually dedicated to training the models in technique and perfecting their own individual walks, since not every person walks the same. It is considered a ‘boot camp’ among the models and is especially recommended for students who are fairly new to modeling.

The second semester is dedicated to showcasing the models’ hard work and talents. The models have made appearances at Night of the Arts and most recently, the “Celebrating History” event to stir the interest of the student body, said Green. Recently, the models have started dedicating their time and energy perfecting the choreography for the show.

“We have been working very hard and diligently to put on a wonderful show,” said Shaniah Heard, assistant to the head coordinator. She hopes that their hard work is received well and will bring in a large audience.

The BSU Allure models are also scheduled to host their annual model party on March 24 at the Rockland banquet room. Additional information regarding ticket pricing and time is still tentative.

Those wishing to attend the fashion show should note that tickets are scheduled to go on sale starting April 9. These can be purchased at The Rock and from student models at the price of $10. This event is open to the public.